Community Service Massage Team
CSMT (Community Service Massage Team) Program Overview
The mission of the AMTA-MA Chapter Community Service Massage Team is to provide massage therapy to support the well-being of those who serve their communities in times of crisis.
MA-CSMT is comprised of two divisions: the Charity Division and the Emergency Division. This Member training is required if you wish to become a member of the CSMT. You choose the events you wish to participate in- Emergency, Charity or both. The team’s leadership will be comprised of a Community Relations Chair and two Coordinators; Charity Division Coordinator and Emergency Division Coordinator.
If you are interested in joining the team, or learning more, please contact Gordon Pilotte CSMT Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Goals of the Community Service Team:
- Be a leader and resource in massage emergency response as a support to emergency responder and disaster communities
- Be a leader and resource in massage response in community service
- Create the standard by which massage therapy at community events, emergency or charity, is measured
- Promote massage therapy throughout the community
- Be aligned with governmental and non-governmental agencies
- Enhance the personal growth and professional development of AMTA-MA members
- Promote the visibility of AMTA-MA and the massage therapy profession
- Increase visibility of AMTA-MA therapists and assist members in promoting themselves.
- Provide CSMT members with a safe and satisfying opportunity to volunteer.
Click here to access the CSMT Photo ID Badge form.