Why should you take Soma System®: Return the Favor - Self Bodywork for Massage Therapists at IDEA 2015? Just watch this video and be on the lookout for more of our Bright IDEAs blog series, especially SOMA Saturdays, as we provide insight and insider information on our IDEA 2015 Conference educators right up to May 1!
Here's what Sophia had to say when I asked her to give us a "Top 5 List" of skills attendees will acquire from his session.
1. Understand contributing factors that lead to common injuries among massage therapists
2. Self bodywork techniques for neck pain
3. Self bodywork techniques for shoulder pain (rotator cuff strain)
4. Self bodywork techniques for lower back pain (and hip pain)
5. Self bodywork techniques for wrist and hand pain
Check out the Roller Squad!
Sophia Chan will be instructing Soma Systems at the IDEA conference. Soma System® is an integrative self-bodywork practice based on myofascial release, trigger point therapy, and mindfulness meditation. Sophia received her Bachelor in Athletic Training and Doctorate in Physical Therapy from Boston University in addition to a Master in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine from the New England School of Acupuncture. Sophia is an avid martial artist with over 14 years of experience.