Be A Part of Our Team!
We know you're a great massage therapist, but do you have other talents and skills that could help our chapter? Are you interested in getting more involved with all that we do? If so, we'd love to hear from you!
Fill out the Volunteer Registration Form and our Volunteer Lead will reach out soon!
Open Volunteer Positions
The AMTA-MA Chapter will always accept a helping hand!
We have over 2,800 members in the AMTA-MA Chapter. With so many members and more throughout the massage therapy community, there is a lot we can accomplish. We can all do our part. So please consider being an AMTA-MA Chapter volunteer. Opportunities range from doing an occasional task at home on our behalf to being a member of our Chapter Board! The time commitment can be what works best for your schedule - an hour each week, monthly support or once-a-year!
While we come across so many talented people to share their skills with us to improve our chapter, we find that while volunteering, you end up developing a new skill that will translate into other areas of your life.
Volunteer & Support Development Chair
Description: The Volunteer & Support Development Chair has the following roles and responsibilities.1. Know the specific roles that the Chapter needs filled
- Work in conjunction with the committee chairs to know their specific needs
- Maintain up-to-date position descriptions for each volunteer positions and understand time commitment for each job
- Have a place where these position descriptions are kept online that can be easily updated (Google Docs)
2. Identify Volunteers
- Contact people from our volunteer list (old & new) to make sure they are happy with their current role
- For new prospective volunteers, speak one-on-one to learn their interests and give smaller tasks before committing to more giving more in depth responsibilities
3. Volunteer Intake
- Make sure the committee chair and volunteer are connected and in communication with one another
- Create a system for follow-up
4. Volunteer Training
- Make sure each volunteer understands all policies and procedures
- Support the volunteer in understanding how things work, in general
5. Volunteer Development
- Ascertain which volunteers have an interest in being a delegate, a board member or committee chair
- Help with election transitioning with Board members
Skills needed: Very organized and able to communicate with the Chapter Board and Committee Chairs fairly regularly via email and occasionally via phone
Estimated time commitment: This role involved more regular, ongoing support. Some weeks and months may be more busy, depending on the increased interest of members to volunteer. You will likely be most busy immediately following a chapter event, especially the Annual Chapter meeting as that's when members show interest in volunteering.
Training provided by chapter: Current chair will provide instructions and guidance to incoming volunteer, and be available to answer questions throughout the year. Additional and ongoing support will be provided by the Chapter Board.
Contact: Tonya Brooks at firstname.lastname@example.org
Communications - Social Media Manager
Work closely with the Communications Chair to set and guide the strategy for all social media content while collaterally articulate the AMTA-MA Chapter’s non-profit mission. The Social Media Manager will receive guidance from the Communications Chair to ensure that chapter content is shared through social media platforms in alignment with the communications plan and calendar. The Social Media Manager will ensure that content is received and posted in a timely manner on the AMTA-MA social media networks.
- Work closely with Communications Chair to ensure all website content is shared on social media networks
- Be a direct point-of-contact for the Board of Directors, Program Chairs, and Managers to create time-sensitive posts as needed
- Manage the social media network profiles including the following posting schedule:
2 x daily posts from National and various feeds via Hootsuite or direct log-ins to Facebook and Twitter
2 x week posts to Linked In and Instagram
- Create content that is of interest to the massage therapy community we serve
- Ensure advertiser sponsorship placements are posted
- Notify BOD when there is a need to respond to posts
- Assisting with event promotions
- Manage social media analytics and create report for Director of Communications to be shared at chapter meetings and conference calls
AMTA-MA is seeking a highly motivated individual who is willing to be a part of a team that service our mission to inspire, educate, empower and advocate for the massage therapy community.The ability to be task-oriented and delegate assignments to team volunteers is critical. Non-profit and past social media management experience is a plus.
- Sincere commitment to work collaboratively with team volunteers
- Self-starter and able to work independently
- Exceptionally organized, be able to delegate, communicate clearly and possess strong time-management skills
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills
- Reliable, responsible and accountable
- Recruit volunteers to serve as social media team volunteers
- Strong computer and internet skills including use of Twitter, Facebook and Hootsuit
- Training is provided by the AMTA-MA Chapter and the Communications Chair. Ongoing support and training will occur as new tasks emerge
Training is provided by the AMTA-MA Chapter and the Communications Chair. Ongoing support and training will occur as new tasks emerge.
Contact: Kristen Lutz at email@example.com
Board of Directors
The Board of Directors are elected to office for two-year terms. The time commitment includes monthly conference calls, seasonal meetings, strategic planning and budget planning, along with providing guidanc for the Program Chairs. The following is a list of our Chapter Board positions. These volunteer positions are elected positions where you submit a head shot and a bio explaining your career path and why you'd like to be on the Chapter Board. Online elections are held during the month of March so members can vote in the weeks leading up to our Annual Meeting that takes place in April. This way, we can announce our new Board at the Annual Meeting.
- 2 Board Members
- Financial Administrator
If you are interested or simply want to know more about what is involved PLEASE email firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll be happy to help!