Happy New Year! We hope that you all have an incredible 2017. The AMTA-MA Chapter is certainly looking forward to another excellent year.
How has the Chapter helped you, the Members of the AMTA? Read on and I’ll share this with you.
Working with the State Massage Board
We have been quite busy with the State Massage Board. As President, I attend the State Massage Board meetings with our lobbyists, Mark Molloy and Kim Sullivan. The State Massage Board has been busy too! They have enacted amendments to the massage therapy regulations. Click here for details.
Volunteer Opportunities and Joining the Chapter Board
Yes! You have the chance to be a part of the Board and committees all while representing the Chapter at the National Convention. We work diligently all year round.
Annual Meeting and Elections
We will have our Annual Meeting on Sunday, April 2, 2017. This year we are voting for:
- One Board Member (previously 1st VP)
- The Financial Administrator (previously Treasurer position)
- Three Delegates - (All 2-year terms)
- Five Alternate Delegates - (1-year term)
Wouldn’t it be great to be on our Board or be a Delegate? There’s no better way to impact your profession than by getting involved. Even if you are not interested in joining the Board or a Committee, we have other ways you can volunteer. Simply email email@example.com and let us know how you’d like to be involved.
The IDEA Conference is happening March 31 – April 2, 2017. Our Conference last year was a great success and we plan to be there for all of you again this year. We have classes in neuromuscular therapy, advanced orthopedic massage, massaging with the forearm, introductory topics in massage and cancer, taping, craniosacral therapy, advanced myofascial and muscular therapy, and ethics, of course! Click here to register!
National AMTA Convention
We had a very successful National Massage Convention last October. Highlights include:
- Robin Roberts, Good Morning America anchor, was the Keynote Speaker
- Olympians - Bonnie Blair, Alicia Dana, Kerri Strug, Abby Wambach
- Continuing Education classes – In fact I taught the Ethics/Professionalism class!!! That went very well, I am happy to say!
- NOTE: The handouts from all the continuing education classes are available for you at the National website – www.amtamassage.org
- Debbie Baker was our State Meritorious Award Winner
- I was also recognized for being a 30-year member of the AMTA
We certainly enjoy bringing all that we can to you and for you. We are looking at other continuing education classes later in the year. We will let you know about them when we have them scheduled.
Any thoughts, questions, concerns, suggestions, and compliments are always welcome! Feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
I look forward to working with you and seeing you.
Happy New Year!
AMTA-MA Chapter President