Here's your chance to have your voice heard!
The Massachusetts Board of Registration for Massage Therapy will be holding their second listening session on February 4th (Thursday) from 10:00am-12:00pm.
There are five areas the Board would like feedback on:
(1) Add successful passage of the Massage and Bodywork Licensing examination (MBLEx) offered by the Federation of State Massage Therapy Boards as a requirement for licensure as a Massage Therapist;
(2) Establish continuing education requirements as a condition of renewal of a massage therapist license;
(3) Establish minimum documentation requirements for general relaxation massages and informed consent,
(4) Clarify requirements for establishments that provide off-site services, and
(5) Require all compliance officers to be in.