Do you know an AMTA-MA Chapter member who has provided service to community in an altruistic way? They could be a great candidate for the Humanitarian Award!
This could include a therapist who has gone above and beyond to support underserved populations, serve colleagues in a selfless manner, or contribute generously to their community.
We love to honor our members who give of themselves and represent us well! Nominate a colleague here. Nominations must be submitted by February 24, 2014.
We're looking for a great volunteer to be the Awards Committee Chairperson
Job Description: The Awards Committee chairperson will
- monitor the AMTA National website for award information and time lines
- work with Website committee to call for nominations for Chapter Humanitarian Award
- work with chapter Board of Directors to have all awards designed and printed/engraved for Annual Meeting
- assist in presenting awards at Annual Meeting
- assemble from chapter leadership and edit information to submit to national AMTA for consideration for national awards
Skills needed: Writing and organizational skills, ability to communication with chapter leadership via email.
Estimated time commitment: This is a seasonal volunteer job, requiring about 1 to 3 hours of time monthly, from January through May each year.
Training provided by chapter: Current chair will provide instructions and guidance to incoming volunteer, and be available to answer questions throughout the year. Additional and ongoing support will be provided by chapter Board of Directors and Website committee.
Contact: Sr. Pat Dowler, firstname.lastname@example.org